Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bo Bunny Mini Edgy Album


A few months ago, I picked up a Bo Bunny Et Cetera Mini Edgy Album at my local scrapbook store. When I saw it, I thought it would be the perfect album to put some of my grad school pictures in because it had music printed on some of the pages. This week I finally got to start working on it, and here's the end result. 


I began by stamping the letters. The capital letters are Inkadinkado stamps, and the lower case are American Crafts (or AC). I then decided to glitter the letters, so I used my Zig two way glue pen to go over the letters and used AC Wow glitter on them. After placing the flowers and Pebbles stones on the cover, I decided to ink the edges in dark brown. In hindsight, I should have made that decision before I placed embellishments that close to the edge. It made things rather difficult. Live and learn, right?


I used Cricut's Quarter Note cartridge for every cut in this album. I cut the word "solo" because oddly enough, this cartridge doesn't have "recital" anywhere on it! I used Paper Studio self adhesive pearls, but used my ColorBox dark brown chalk to tint them. The stamped flowers are from Stampin Up's Delight in Life set. The larger flower is a 2-step stamp, and I used the AC brown sugar ink for the background of the flower, and AC chestnut ink for the outline and the smaller flower.


The lines of glitter were made using Provo Craft's Terrifically Tacky tape, and AC's chocolate and copper glitter. The stickers were some I had on hand, and I think they're Paper Studio brand, but don't quote me on that. The tag and envelope are Maya Road, and the stamps are the other two stamps in the Delight in Life set. On the tag I wrote a couple of details about the trip to New York with the Wind Ensemble.


The picture on the left is of me standing outside of Carnegie Hall! It was an amazing experience, and like I wrote on the envelope on this page, a dream come true! Above the tag is a verse that says "With God, all things are possible." I stamped that on this page because going to Carnegie had been a dream of mine since high school, and God orchestrated everything in such a way that I was able to do just that during grad school. 

On the next page I used the Fleur de Lis Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the dark red paper. The flowers are embellished using cinnamon and pink Stickles.


The Quarter Note cartridge has a few fonts on it, and I used Font 1 to cut out "Wind Ensemble" and "lovely flutists." I used my cinnamon, frosted lace, and icicle Stickles to glitter the words and flowers.


The cute little flowers on the left page are from the Doodlebug Tidbits lily white collection, and I tied them with a little bit of We R Memory Keepers black and white twine. Aren't they cute? The journaling tag is from Maya Road. I will probably go back and add a note that I was about 6.5 months pregnant during that recital, though I am unlikely to forget that fact! On the last page, the embossing folder I used on the red paper was Cuttlebug's Divine Swirls, and I used the dark brown ColorBox chalk to ink the edges. I again used the AC letter stamps to stamp "graduation" and completed the project with more tinted pearls.

I hope you've enjoyed getting a glimpse into some of my past. I enjoyed putting this album together, and can't wait to make more mini albums with my Cricut Mini Books cartridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!