Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Artbooking Celebrate Card

I have been wanting to use this overlay on a card for quite some time now, and my sister-in-law's birthday was the perfect opportunity to make one! I had to make my own card base to fit the overlay, so I cut a 7" x 8" dark pink shimmery card stock, and scored it to make a 3.5" x 8" card. I cut the overlay three times - in the dark brown, light pink, and green. I left the negative pieces to the pink and green on the mat to keep them in order. This makes it easier to place them in the brown overlay.

I cut one of the frames out at 3" (using Real Dial Size) and used the negative piece to cover a piece of chipboard that came with the Artbooking cartridge. "Celebrate" was cut at 1" (again at Real Dial Size), and I used Scotch Quick Dry glue to adhere it to the frame. I then cut an 8" x 1" strip of Doodlebug Sugarcoated cream paper to help the frame stand out, and added the Prima flowers for the finishing touch.


For the inside, I cut a 7 3/4" x 3 3/4" light pink insert, and stamped Happy Birthday (from CTMH Joyful Birthday) using Memento Rich Cocoa. The heart stamps came with the Artbooking cartridge, and were stamped using Memento Angel Pink.


Thanks for stopping in! I hope you have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!