Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mater Invitations

My sister-in-law asked me to make invitations for her boys' birthday party, and asked for me to put either Lightening McQueen or Mater on them. Since it was for both boys, I thought it would be cute to have Mater towing a 3 and a 1 and stamp the boys' names on their respective ages. She loved the idea, so I went with it! I did the same background as I did with Bug's invites, just on a larger scale. 


The invitations were 8.5 x 5.5", so the brown paper was cut to 8 x 3", and the blue was cut to 8 x 2". I cut the road to 8 x 2" as well, and trimmed a little off the top side to angle it. I then used my American Crafts White Galaxy Marker (with a ruler, of course!) to draw the center lines.

I used the Cricut Cars cartridge to cut Mater at 3.5". The white (well, it's not really white, it's more of a beige or ecru) of his eyes and side window were cut out of white and colored with Copics, mostly to save paper! I embossed the tires with Zing! embossing powder after I put all the pieces through the Xyron (that was definitely a lot easier than holding each individual piece with tweezers while using the heat gun!). I used Plantin SchoolBook to cut the one and three, and some mini clear stamps to stamp the boys' names on the numbers. To attach them to the twine, I just used my smallest hole punch and threaded the twine through them and knotted it behind the numbers. I used glue dots to adhere the numbers to the page and the twine behind the hook on Mater's tow cable.

The back of the invite is very simple, just a stamp and "Off road Mayhem" cut from the Cars cartridge at 2". 


I hope you enjoyed the invitations! I apologize for the quality of the pictures - I used my phone to take the pictures and didn't get a chance to use my good camera before I delivered the invites! 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great evening!

1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!