Tuesday, January 14, 2014

CTMH Artbooking Birthday Card

My awesome husband got me the one thing I wanted for Christmas - the Close To My Heart Artbooking Cartridge! I've been having a lot of fun playing with it, and since we have a lot of January birthdays in our family, I've been putting it to good use by making birthday cards. My grandmother's birthday is coming up, and I saw this damask overlay and wanted to use it, and this card was the perfect opportunity. I set the dial size at 7" to cut the overlay. I had to cut a sliver off the top and bottom to get it to fit the card.


The frame is cut out at 3" (I used Real Dial Size, because a lot of these images are set to cut in size relation to the other cuts on the page), and I used Memento's Black Tuxedo ink to stamp both the image and sentiment. The twine is American Craft's jute twine, which I got in a package of 20 for $10 at TJ Maxx!


Inside the card, I used a stamp set from Little Yellow Bicycle to create the sentiment.


Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love the frame and the colors are beautiful! What a great sentiment! you should link this up at:
    http://www.2creativechicks.com/ and http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com/2013/12/januarys-just-because-linky-party.html
    Tthey bot have linky parties going on for the month:)
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm checking out these links now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, saw this on Just Be Creative Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!