Sunday, May 26, 2013

Thank You Card

Earlier this month, I spent the majority of a weekend at my local scrapbook store for the National Scrapbook month crop. Spending ten hours a day there + hubby still on outage hours = needing a babysitter for the toddler! We are blessed to have family in town that are willing to watch him for us, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law spent the weekend chasing after him AND their two little ones! My son and their oldest are three weeks apart, and they are best buds.

I wanted to make a special card for them, because I know this was a huge sacrifice of time for them to add a third (very active, might I add!) child into the mix for two days straight. I had a hard time getting started on the card, but knew I wanted to use one of my new mini embossing folders from Cricut. I chose a green card from my K&Company Color Basics, and used one of Bazzill's dark brown textured cardstocks layer on top of the card base. I used my Cuttlebug "thank you" embossing folder in the lower right hand corner, and inked over that and around the edges with a brown Prima chalk ink.


I then took a scrap of Bo Bunny pink Double Dot paper, trimmed it to 1.5" x 3.5", and cut a triangle out of the end to make a pennant. I used a white Prima chalk ink to ink the edges, and used my glue dots roller to attach it to the brown paper. The blue paper is from Out of Print, and is embossed with the cherry blossom folder from Cuttlebug's Asian bundle. I then wrapped some Tim Holtz white elastic ribbon at the bottom of the blue paper, then layered that with the brown Bo Bunny Ribbon. The flowers are by Bazzill and are attached using glue dots.


Before I placed the card in the envelope, I embossed the flap with the cherry blossom folder. This card was particularly difficult to get in the envelope because it is so bulky. I hand delivered it, so I'm sure they didn't mind that it wasn't sealed!


Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!

2 comments:

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!