Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"You Rock!" Birthday Card

My niece's birthday is coming up, so I thought I'd share the card I made for her. I wanted to make something cool but girly, and I thought the little girl with the microphone from Create a Friend was perfect for her, especially because the phrase that was with the girl said "You Rock!" And my niece does rock!


The card base is from DCVW's Street Lace Box of Cards, and the green background paper is the Wasabi color from Bo Bunny's Double Dot collection. The card is 4.25 x 5.5", so I cut the girl at 4", and the phrase at 2". For the shoes, bracelet, and microphone, I used stickles to bling it up some. The phrase is cut out using Doodlebug Sugar Coated paper.


For the inside, I used more of the Sugar Coated paper for the guitar and stars, along with plain black for the neck of the guitar. I used my individual clear stamp letters to to say "have a rockin' birthday" and used grapefruit pigment ink from American Crafts.

This card was pretty simple to put together, and didn't take very long at all. Thanks for dropping by, and happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!