Monday, November 4, 2013

Melody Lane 5000 Subscriber Challenge Entry!

About a month ago, I posted a you tube video by Melody Lane asking for people to help her make a banner for her craft room. I made two entries into the contest, an "E" and a "R." I shipped them off on Friday, and Melody showed them in her video today!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you the letters that I made for her. Her wall is purple and glittery, so I didn't want to make it all purple, but wanted to incorporate it into one of the letters.

I started with The Paper Studio zebra print kraft paper, and trimmed it to an 8x12 piece. I then notched the center and cut triangles out to form the pennant shape. I cut the "R" out at 8 inches from Type Candy Font, using black paper for the shadow and Doodlebug purple Sugar Coated paper for the R. After I pasted that on, I decided to cover the zebra stripes with Black Diamond stickles. I honestly thought I was going to run out halfway through, but to my delight, it made it all the way through and I still have some left over!

The two smaller flowers I had in my stash, but the larger flower I cut from Flower Shoppe, using paper from Out of print (dots and pink) and Bo Bunny (yellow). I used Elmer's glue to glue them together, since it seems to work better than a tape runner! The butterfly is cut from the same Out of Print paper from the Home Accents cartridge. I used mini glue dots to attach the middle of the butterfly to the shadow, but left the wings loose so it would look like it was flying. I used some gemstones to accent the body of the butterfly, then used my Crop-a-Dile to add the purple eyelets (WeRMemoryKeepers) to the corners for hanging purposes.

For the "E," I decided I wanted to go a more vintage-y distressed route. I found a sheet of Pink Paislee that was perfect - a light peachy cream color.

After I cut out the pennant, I began by using my Bo Bunny distressing stamps (It Is Written and Stained Textures sets) and my Tim Holtz distress inks and an American Crafts ink to create the background. I also used the Tim Holtz Just Thoughts stamp set for the sentiments. The "E" was cut from Type Candy Font using dark brown Bazzil Basics paper and wild berry Bo Bunny Double Dot paper. I had these butterflies hanging around for a while, so I can't remember exactly what paper they are cut from, but I do know they were cut from the Picturesque cartridge. I attached them using mini glue dots, again just attaching the body so they would look like they were flying, and embellished them with little adhesive pearls.

I had a lot of fun being creative with these. I do believe I will eventually make a "CREATE" banner for my craft room!

Thanks so much for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!