Thursday, September 12, 2013

Altered Composition Book

Today, I just finished a project I've been meaning to do for a long time. I finally got to a point that I needed it, because I need something to write in to keep track of what I have taught in each flute lesson. At the end of the last school year, I had five students. This school year, I will most likely have twenty! I am extremely excited about expanding my studio, but I also came to the realization that my brain cannot keep track of what I did with each student from week to week. It was hard with five students. Twenty? Impossible! So I dug out the composition book I bought in the spring to make a personalized notebook for my notes.


The paper is My Mind's Eye, and I thankfully had enough for the front, back, AND the tabs! I measured the notebook, and used my paper trimmer to cut the size I needed. I used Tim Holtz's Tea Dye Distress Ink to ink the edges, and used the same ink to stamp the cup stains on the paper (Bo Bunny's Stained Textures Stamps). The hatched stamp is also from the Stained Textures set, and I used Brown Sugar ink to stamp that. The other stamps are from Bo Bunny's It Is Written stamp set, and I used a few different Tim Holtz inks with those - Tea Dye, Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy, and Weathered Wood. "Enjoy the journey" is a Tim Holtz stamp.

I believe the butterfly is from the Cricut's Picturesque Cartridge, and the frame and "just a note" are from Wild Card.


The stamp on the back is from Tim Holtz. I love this sentiment!

Thanks for dropping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!